The work of the GLLC is focused on issues related to water quality in the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence River region. These issues are articulated in the Caucus’s Policy Agenda. Click on the sections below to learn about the issue, why it is important to the Caucus, and what actions the GLLC is taking to address the problem.
Read our latest posts on the issues
- GLLC Statement During June 23 GLEC MeetingI was pleased to be able to make the following statement today on behalf of the GLLC during the semi-annual meeting of the binational Great Lakes Executive Committee (GLEC): Thank you for holding this online meeting and giving me the chance to report to the GLEC on behalf of the Great Lakes-St. […]
- Quarterly webinar gives annual overview of federal, state/provincial legislationMembers of the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Legislative Caucus got their annual update on federal, state and provincial legislation in a June 5 webinar. Matthew McKenna, director of the Great Lakes Washington Program at the Northeast-Midwest Institute, provided an overview of recent and pending federal legislation in the U.S. Congress, starting with the […]
- ICYMI: Blue Accounting Web Meeting, April 17On April 17, 2020, the Great Lakes Commission gave a virtual tour of its Blue Accounting website and the kinds of data available there. Eric Brown, senior advisor for external relations, gave an overview of the commission’s history and the history of the Blue Accounting effort, followed by in-depth presentations/looks at pages […]
- ICYMI: GLLC Web Meeting on Nutrient PollutionOn March 6, 2020, the GLLC’s quarterly web meeting focused on regional efforts to better manage nutrients to keep them out of the Great Lakes and their tributaries. Wisconsin Sen. André Jacque, Chair of the GLLC Task Force on Nutrient Management, began by reporting on the work of the task force, which […]
- Action on Lead in Drinking WaterThe GLLC’s Task Force on Lead held a web meeting on February 3 to learn about the U.S. EPA’s proposed changes to the Lead and Copper Rule. View the recorded web meeting here. As part of its action plan for reducing lead in drinking water, the GLLC submitted comments on the proposed […]